WFracing.net
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WFracing.net

A forum for the Wichita Falls Racers to Unite!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

possible ski/snowboard trip next week

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SRTDan
Noob
Noob

possible ski/snowboard trip next week Empty
PostSubject: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 am

Me and another buddy are pondering the thought of driving out the NM for a weekend snowboarding trip, we got our own equipment, miss snow, yada yada

So if you are a beginner, novice, special ed., etc. and what to tag along we may have room for ya or if there are more than one of ya the better. We're looking at hotel cost, won't be cheap if you stay on the mountain, expenses are all on you, gear rental is cheap if done right, lift ticket varies as this will be a during the week trip, and chip in for some gas.

All in all, if done right you can spend less than $300 and have a helluva 2 day trip. Probably can pull it off for less, if you got your own stuff. Right now this week it's trying to get a head count of people, figure break down cost, then select destination.

So if you're interested let me know.

Back to top Go down
SRTDan
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:37 pm

dang, figured somebody would be interested.

Wolf Creek ski resort in Colo. Leaving early sunday morning and coming back weds afternoon. So a wonderful 3 nights in the mountains and 2 full days of ski/snowboarding.

If you want to go, let me know, the more the better cost ratio everybody has to chip in. Lift tickets are around $50 a day, $31 for military, and chip in for gas/easy, and chip in for a hotel stay/ the more chipped in the better resort stay we can set up. Plus it's spring break week and we want to go big on the stay and try to pick up a cabin.
Back to top Go down
Car Whore
Admin
Admin
Car Whore

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:44 pm

Too short of notice for most I think and usually when I think of spring break I think of beaches and sun NOT snow and mountains lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfracing.org
SRTDan
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:50 pm

well we get enough sun here, as for the beach you can always enjoy the great spots out at arrowhead.

short notice is always the way to do things and enjoy the trip better.

I got tired of the beach and sun about 3 yrs ago, after living next to one for 5 yrs.
Back to top Go down
Gottabeford
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 9:51 pm

TX2K11 is taking up most peoples time and money I think. This is the last weekend to get everything ready for it. Have fun though!
Back to top Go down
SRTDan
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:08 pm

being back by weds, everybody is leaving thurs. don't see how it can be a confict for timing.

guess it's more board time for me. plus snow bunnies are more fun when you introduce, hot tub and alcohol at a cabin. word up
Back to top Go down
Gottabeford
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm

Hahaha exactly! Gone Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. All right before the trip. Glade it works out for you though.
Back to top Go down
Car Whore
Admin
Admin
Car Whore

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:38 am

Yeah usually Tx2k take a little bit of time up before hand to and two trips in one week? That gets expensive quick.

On top of that, most ppls jobs require more than a week notice to get off for any amount of time. Hell unless I can rush it then it will take over a week to get a leave request through my command.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wfracing.org
Gottabeford
Noob
Noob

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 12:41 am

Ya, no shit on the money. Hotel stay alone at the Omni is $500.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: possible ski/snowboard trip next week   possible ski/snowboard trip next week Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

possible ski/snowboard trip next week
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WFracing.net :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: